Main aspects and procedures of Land Surveying and Cartography in Poland are defined and incorporated in Land Surveying and Cartography Act dated 17th May 1989 with further amendments.
First and foremost it contains all procedures concerning cadastral and land development and construction process surveys as well as formal procedures , the role of a land surveyor with their rights and obligations concerning their survey works in the above mentioned matters.
The act also defines the formal structure of country level – Land Surveyor General and lower division of Land Survey offices i.e. voivodeship(district containing local counties) with Voivodeship Land Survey Supervisor and the lowest level of land survey office administration – County Chief Executive.
The Land and Cartography Act defines thoroughly roles of these office institutions in relation to land survey formal procedures and participation of chartered(licensed) land suveyors with regard to their surveys the final outcome of which is registered at the county land survey office.
All land survey procedures and rules of law.
What are the main applicatios of this law?
- Registration of cadastral survey works and management of both spatial (land parcel boundaries and their areas) and also the property owners data like name , surname, address etc..
- Land and Property Register in Poland constitutes the basis of geometric representation in Legal Land Register which on the other hand registers the legal rights of the property owner.
- Base topographic map. This map contains both geometric land parcel data registered in Land Registry office and spatial data like utility lines, manmade features, buildings and topographic features.
What kind of land surveys are fulfilled by chartered(licensed) surveyors to feed the data of both land register and base topographic map?
- As far as land registry is concerned these are: property subdivion, land property boundary and corner stone recovery, establishment and recovery of boundary lines, defining and updating land use areas.
- Af for the contruction and investment process these are: land surveys for updating base topo maps the outcome of which is the topo map for site plans, setting out and as-built surveys.
Wersja audio: Wersja audio
- That would be a general view of land surveying and cartography aspects.
In the next article I will describe how cadastral surveys are carried out and how land surveyours deal with formal and office procedures.